Sita's Place
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Carnival

Go down

The Carnival Empty The Carnival

Post  Sita Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:10 pm

~Originally posted here~
The Carnival

There are many things that can be used to describe this carnival, depending on who you ask.
Ask a child and they will see lots of fun rides and games, prizes to be one from cheerful painted faces.
Ask an adult and they might see a place to hang with friends, take a date, show how brave or competitive they are.

What the average person will not describe is what I see. The hidden reality of it all.
The games are all rigged, unless the guy running it takes a liking to you that big stuffed dog will never be yours. And you really don't want him to take a liking to you.

The rides start as fun at first, but suddenly you notice a loose screw or a bit of metal that juts out wrong. You realize that this metal contraption is not a ride at all. It's a death trap. But some like that bit of adrenaline rush, that attempt to cheat fate. "It won't break down this time I ride it", you think, "I know it's bound to happen, but definitely not with me."

The cheerful, painted faces are the ones you need to watch out for most of all. I see what lies behind those eyes. They are sad and lonely people, at best. Demented and sinister at worst. People to be watched. Because they are disguising themselves, putting everyone at ease. Who knows for what reason, maybe it's just so that people will spend their money. Maybe something more, like that game runner I mentioned before.

Remember, I said you don't want him taking a liking to you. But you just had to have that big stuffed dog so you smiled sweetly and spent a bit of money. Congratulations, you won! He's staring at you now, watches every time you pass his booth. I see the grin on his face, see the wheels going behind his head.

Hope you don't turn up on the morning news.
Sita
Sita
Admin

http://sitalique.weebly.com/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum